Pepper Spray - What works best??

CTJ

As I've been riding solo as of late I've decided that it might be a good time to get some form of self defense, which hopefully won't need to be used. Not sure if the pink attracts or detracts, but I 3D printed some clips which can be fixed to all my bikes, and the canister can just be transferred over depending on which bike I'm on.

SakUSr4.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've been riding solo as of late I've decided that it might be a good time to get some form of self defense, which hopefully won't need to be used. Not sure if the pink attracts or detracts, but I 3D printed some clips which can be fixed to all my bikes, and the canister can just be transferred over depending on which bike I'm on.

SakUSr4.jpg

Nice

But the tyraps are going to mark your frame

Maybe make a clip with a wider base and use some strong double sided tape?

My experience says the only place it is of any (albeit limited) use is when it is in your hand. I keep mine in back pocket or under the cuff of my shorts and when I'm on a dodgy road, I hold it in my hand with my finger on the trigger. If I see any pedestrian who looks a bit suspect, I hold in front of me and pointed at the person just in case. I use a liquid bullet which shoots a stream aot spray.

Saw a lady runner early morning ...

First glance all seemed normal.

Then I noticed a strap around her wrist ... then the can of peperspray in each hand ....

She clearly is not going down without a fight ....

As this seems to be an older thread .... anybody on this thread that have used your spray, or other defences, while out riding or running ?

What worked ?

What did not work ?

Any advise/recommendations ....

Right now the only planning in place .... decent insurance .... be as vigilant as possible ....